Volvo 340 & 360 relaterade ämnen.

Moderator: Moderator

av elaine95 04 jul 2019, 08:24
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Zach Ertz is cheering for his wife in the Women’s World Cup from minicamp for only a few days.The Philadelphia Eagles two-time Pro Bowl tight end is heading to France on Friday to watch his wife Jordan Scarlett Jersey , Julie Ertz, compete with the U.S. team. The defending champions opened with a record-breaking 13-0 rout of Thailand on Tuesday night.“It’s awesome being married to Julie, being able to support the people we love doing what they love to do,” Zach told The Associated Press. “I’ve seen all the work she does each and every day and I’ve seen all the adversity she’s faced over the past seven years we’ve been together. I’ve seen the injuries. I’ve seen her cry. I’ve seen the blood. I’ve seen the tears. Because she loves the game so much, I’m so invested in seeing her succeed. That hard work is paying off.”It’s a role reversal for the sports power couple. Julie was in Minneapolis rooting for her husband when he made the game-winning touchdown catch in Philadelphia’s 41-33 win over New England in the Super Bowl in February 2018. But the two were apart when the Eagles beat Minnesota in the NFC championship game. Julie was in San Diego for a national team match against Denmark and burst into tears afterward when she learned the Eagles won.“It’s very similar to how she would feel watching me play,” Zach said about sitting in the stands. “It’s special. It’s definitely unique in a sense as an athlete, you always feel you have control of the game or of the situation. When I sit in the stands, I’m just a casual person with a vested interest in seeing a team succeed, seeing Julie succeed. It’s a lot different (than playing) because you have no control when you sit in the stands.”Zach and Julie were married in March 2017, but they have to spend quite a bit of time apart because of their hectic schedules. They rely on their strong faith to overcome the difficulties prolonged separation brings.“I can say with absolute certainty that what we’ve done in the past 2½ years of marriage would be dang near impossible if the foundation wasn’t on Christ,” Zach said. “It would be impossible without understanding we represent something so much bigger than just Zach and Julie. Our marriage was built on that foundation and will continue to be built that way.”The couple launched the Ertz Family Foundation last year following Zach’s trip to Haiti with Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz and other teammates. The Foundation’s mission is to “make a measurable impact in the lives of those living in underserved Philadelphia communities through youth education, sports and family enrichment programs.”“The love we have for each other and the love we feel in our faith David Montgomery Jersey , we just want to give that back to people all over to the world and this country,” Zach said. “The main goal is to show people love, show people hope. No matter where they are, let them know people out there love them and care about them.”Zach is having fun throughout the Women’s World Cup by partnering with FanDuel to choose a daily fantasy lineup to compete against other soccer fans. His No. 1 pick for each lineup is an easy choice.“What FanDuel is doing for the women’s game is incredible,” Zach said. “My captain is my wife. She’s my first pick. I’d be in big trouble if I didn’t do that. I feel like I have a good team. I hope everyone wants to compete against me.” BEREA, Ohio (AP) — John Dorsey only traded text messages during the first round of this year’s NFL draft.Cleveland’s wheeling-dealing general manager, who has overturned his roster with numerous transactions over the past year, was unable to pull off a deal to get into the first round Thursday night and will start the second day still holding onto his second round pick.It’s not that he didn’t try.Meeting with reporters following a long night of working the phones, Dorsey said there were three players he was willing to move up and get, but the asking price to complete the deal was beyond his comfort zone.“I thought the compensation was too rich to move that far,” Dorsey said. “I think we’re in a position now, maybe you exercise a degree of patience in this and just see. We’ll start working tomorrow http://www.bearsfootballauthentics.com/riley-ridley-jersey-authentic , and we’re always going to work at this thing to see if we can get up there, but the compensation package was just too much for us as an organization.”And the three players he was after?“They’re all gone,” he said.Dorsey’s decision not to package the No. 49 overall pick with any of his other seven selections for a higher spot was somewhat surprising, given his track record.He’s made 17 trades — including a recent blockbuster for wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. — since taking over the Browns in December 2017, bucking their laughingstock status and making them one of the league’s most intriguing squads.Dorsey was willing to trade up for the right player, but only for the right price. However, he stayed on the sideline while six other teams moved up in the first round. One of them was the rival Pittsburgh Steelers, who jumped from No. 20 to 10 and took Michigan linebacker Devin Bush.The Steelers sent the 20th pick, No. 52 and a third-rounder to Denver to climb.Dorsey said he couldn’t find the right bargain for the Browns without sacrifice.“It takes two and every time we were trying, they’d kind of say, ‘Well, you need to kick in a little bit more Shareef Miller Jersey ,’ and I wasn’t willing to do that.” Dorsey said.In his six previous drafts as a GM in Cleveland and Kansas City, Dorsey made 18 trades involving picks. So far, he’s only been an interested spectator but that will soon change.Dorsey indicated he’ll be just as aggressive during Friday’s second and third rounds.“You explore those options and then you see if you can get up there at the right price or you stay patient or you even kick back,” he said. “Now we can really get into the exercise of moving up and moving back, and we will actively be working the phones all day, all evening tomorrow.”The Browns will likely explore the market for a cornerback as only one has been taken and there several top-rated players available, including Washington’s Byron Murphy, LSU’s Greedy Williams, Temple’s Rock Ya-Sin, Notre Dame’s Julian Love and Michigan State’s Justin Layne, who is from Cleveland.This was the first time since 2008 — and eighth overall — that the Browns didn’t have a first-round selection.The outsider’s role is a new one in Cleveland, where fans have grown accustomed to early picks http://www.eaglesfootballauthentics.com/zach-brown-jersey-authentic , and so many bad ones.After selecting Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield with the No. 1 overall picks in each of the past two drafts, the prize — or punishment — for going 1-31 in two seasons under former coach Hue Jackson, the Browns came in as one of four teams without a first-round pick.They willingly gave it up when Dorsey stunned the league last month by trading the No. 17 pick to the New York Giants as part of the deal for Beckham, whose arrival has sparked wild expectations in Cleveland. The Giants used that selection on Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence.And while he’s not pulled off a deal yet in this draft, Dorsey is plenty proud of his most recent one.“I’m very happy to have Odell Beckham as the 17th pick in the 2019 draft,” he said, smiling.